4/01/2008

Vacation Over.

I'm Back! Thank the Lord.. Because I don't think I could have taken one more day of abuse. I mean how many 80 degree and sunny days can you stand. How many drop shots can you run down on the clay before you say, enough is enough I'm going home. How many times can you fire in a big serve only to have it lobbed back over your head. How many times do you have to scramble all over the court to make a few gets in a row, only to watch your partner laughing so hard he can't hit the next ball. (Yeah Paul I'm talking to you) I'll tell you one thing. Clay is evil, and slow. But it wasn't all fun and games. We went to the Sony Ericson Tournament where I did my best to recruit some new blood for the team. Unfortunately Cedardale doesn't pay enough for any of them to sign with us. Although I did steal their souls in the form of some pictures so maybe we can have a voodoo practice and get better. and thanks to Mr. GPS we didn't get lost in the bad section of town.

I know all you really care about is what happened in the matches.. Well I wasn't here so I don't really know. All I know is that somehow we lost to Westford. Westford.. I mean they are like the furthest team out on 495. It was a bad week. We lost 4-1. 4-1 can you believe it? Mike D got his first win against a cedardale team ever. But it wasn't all bad news. Jason got his first win of the season. When asked about Jason's first win Chad had this to say "Usually we all win and Jason loses, but this week he won and we lost".

Not to let Winning get him down Jason, came back earlier this week and Won again. This time his teammates also won. Beating a road weary Willows team at home 4-1. Making it a .500 win loss record during my vacation. We didn't lose ground and we didn't make up ground. With 2 scheduled weeks left in the season and one more if we need it, It's looking like we might have to buy tickets to watch the playoffs. But like Dean said earlier in the week "We are shooting for 5th place. The best place you can be in and not have to play in May"

No comments: